Opening for shipping company based in Mumbai.
We are looking for candidates with 4-6 years sailing experience
Job functions related to the rank.
- Trouble shoot and create mechanisms to predict and avoid failures of electrical and electronic components of machineries.
- To create standard jobs in the PMS from an electrical perspective of machineries.
- To guide superintendents and vessels as a first point of contact in the company for issues related with electrical/electronic issues.
- To assist in the recruitment of EO’s
- Create a process and develop a program for induction of junior EO’s and monitor their learning & performance.
- To create training programs for the sea farers basis issues faced on electrical/ electronic issues across the fleet.
- To review the risk assessments involved with work on electrical equipment’s and create generic RA’s as a guide predicting jobs on such equipment.
- To review the required electrical spares that need to be kept on board. Recommend spares that can be ordered on fleet basis and stocked in smaller volumes.
- To review/suggest jobs to be taken up at dry dock from an electrical perspective.
- To be a part of a team handling projects across the fleet. This could involve condition based monitoring, retrofits & complete new installations.
- Reviewing month end reports received from the vessel which show concern.
- Carry out briefing and de-briefing of electrical officers.
Reference Id: 19-10-2016
Job Id: TST6